Freebie: 60 guppy fry. One week old. Yellow mom, blue mom (mixed batch)

Discussion in 'Wanted/Swop/Freebies' started by RelaxWithFish, Sep 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RelaxWithFish

RelaxWithFish

Hi everyone,

So pretty sure this is a rookie mistake we have all made. I am being over run by baby guppies!

In my attempt to get my SO to engage with the fish keeping hobby, I thought having some babies would really help her get into it. And it worked, she really responded well to the first batch of babies we had. And then the second. And then the third.

This is all from two males, and three females. So I’ve made a plan, separated out adult males from the females, and now we wait the six months while they finish up dropping babies with the sperm they have stored. I have plans to keep some of the fry, but realistically until I find a bigger home with space for more tanks, I have no where to keep another one.

So here is the offer: 60 fry, one week old. Collection in Sunninghill/Kyalami area. Free (although I may ask for a clipping if you have any interesting floating or stem plants that I could try and propagate).

I can post pics of the moms, as well as of the suspected fathers if anyone is interested. Both mothers are fit, healthy and mature adults. Ideally I would want these fry to go to a good home, where they will be raised to adult, but I suppose I also know that some may only want them to be feeder fish. My preference would be that they don’t land up as feeders, but I suppose that may be kinder and more ‘natural’ than culling them via some other means - which at current I’m not prepared to do.

Please drop me a PM if you are interested.

2. Guest

3. PJs

PJs

Hi still available? Please pm me details
    Thanks

4. OP
    RelaxWithFish

RelaxWithFish

Hi PJ,

Apologies, I split them up with the first guys who sent a PM. It looks like I may land up with another twenty excess guplets in the next few weeks. In which case I will post them here again.

rwf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. PJs

PJs

Ok sorry

RelaxWithFish likes this.

Recent Posts