Anybody using aquaforest ?

Discussion in 'Aquatic plants' started by f-fish, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Innocent159

Innocent159

Joh that roots look fabulous. Also healthy

Quality Marines SA likes this.
  2. Guest

3. Gerrit

Gerrit

Wow that is amazing, i am busy with a new tank build so following this thread closely. Thank you Ferdie

4. rsa

rsa

Hi Ferdi, how long would this substrate last being capped in your opinion before needing to be replaced . Obviously I am aware that its new product . Since its similiar in a way to ada . Apologies for asking you the manufactures dont seem to respond to simple questions . And IMHO you are experienced ,so I will get a good answer . I want to use this stuff but apprehensive ,dont want to tear a tank down after 2 years .

5. OP
    f-fish

f-fish #unspecified

I think it will depend on how heavy your root feeders are ... but honestly the amount of clay is great.

Yeah look the one thing that you need to realize - it will make a mess if you move plants that have rooted past your capping media. Unlike ADA that does seem to cause loads of dust also - this will be a mixed substrate tank on single substrate.

The other interesting thing about the substrate - it is probably more suited for microbial action in unlocking nutrients over time .. and if things do get a bit thin on the fertz side your should be able to add some root tabs.

I am very keen to try this with something like say akadama as the cap ... Ok very keen is the wrong word here .. I will be doing it on a larger scale at some point.

Will it last 2 + maybe yeah esp if you cap it with something that is not totally inert.

Hope this helps ..

Later Ferdie

6. Quality Marines SA

Quality Marines SA Quality Livestock and Products Guaranteed Sponsor

Hi There, Apologies you did not get a reply from Aquaforest, PM me and i will look into it.

This being a capped soil that continuously absorbs the nutrients in the water pushing it back into the root system of the plants can last up to 3+ years as per supplier if not more depending on how fully planted the tank is.

Hope this helps, please contact us @ sales@qualitymarines.co.za if you need any more info on the product range.

Thanks

Recent Posts