1. All ads must contain photo's of actual equipment/livestock for sale. Please read the rules before selling.

For Sale: Brand new shallow tank

Discussion in 'Equipment Classifieds' started by Whoknows, Jun 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whoknows

Whoknows Comp Coordinator

Good evening all,

Got this shallow tank for sale. Its ready for assembly but transporting this way will be much easier.

Tank is 2200 x 750 x 400 (LxWxH) all new glass except the base and bottom brace. Top has a euro brace all 10mm thick. Dobble 10mm base
    Stand is 2200 x 750 x 740 (LxWxH) made from 50x50x2 square tubing newly refurbished.
    Sump is 1220 x 600 x 400 (LxWxH) its a new sump with 5 compartments first compartment can fit the bubble magus filter roll large. 2nd for bio media 3rd for heaters 4th for biological media(was going to be fulidized bed) and lastly the return. Water level 30cm. (New)

Tank is drilled on one short side(can set it up as a peninsula) to allow for 2 50mm drains to be installed with a slimline overflow box.

Also including 6 tubes of Den Braven black to assemble the tank and new polystyrene to go under tank and sump

Asking R9500 negotiable. Collection in JHB South Mondeor Area. Currently not wanting to split

IMG-20210521-WA0016.jpg

IMG_20210430_122152~2.jpg

IMG-20210407-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20210516-WA0014.jpg

A new day, HugBug and Shabir like this.
  2. Guest

3. OP
    Whoknows

Bump. No interest what so ever.....?

4. PJs

PJs

Maybe the work one needs to put in and then still pay that price?

Not everyone can put silicone to glass and make a tank.... The risk... Will it hold... Will it leak... Will the end look professional.... Etc

And remember loads of people kicking the hobby and lots to pick and choose from almost free to a few rand... Even the new tanks are so cheap...

Just my 2c

5. OP
    Whoknows

Yeah I've been thinking of reducing the price but there comes a point where I'm losing to much money:(

Fully understand its niche market. Most people just want the tank and add water. :tt2:

I've seen whole new tanks going for 12K a bit bigger then this but only the tank so depends on where you look I guess

6. oupoot

oupoot

Maybe add the option of delivery and assembly by you? I looked at this and thought its a great deal, but the risk of building it wrong will put most people off

A new day likes this.
  7. OP
    Whoknows

Delivery might be an issue but I've been thinking of assembling the tank. If you're possibly intrested maybe we can work out something

8. OP
    Whoknows

The only issue with assembling it is I'm going to want to keep it :lol::lol:

Shabir likes this.
  9. OP
    Whoknows

@A new day please close this if you can. I'm going to build the tank. Will start another thread once done

Shabir and A new day like this.

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.