Dolphin 1200 filter gushing water.

Discussion in 'General Equipment discussion' started by Franna, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Franna

Franna

Hey Guys,

I have a cascade dolphin 1200 filter thats worked well for me for the past 8 years.

Recently it just flooded my house.

water gushes out from the top there the 2 parts meet.

I believe it's the big "O" Ring but what do you think and wherein PTA can I get a replacement.

Lost my 7-year-old Pleco from this.

Thanks

2. Guest

3. Blade

Blade

Or it can be the part where u pump to prime. They have a tendency of tearing. I repaired mine with magma bond and sikaflex.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. David Kusner

David Kusner

@Franna Hi sorry to hear you lost your pleco its not nice to loose a finned pet. Also sorry to hear about the flood, I hope their was not to much damage. Its unfortunately one of the only real down sides of canisters.

8 years though for that brand is actually brilliant. Difficult to say exactly where the issue could be without more info, but I would check the main Oring seal, replace it anyway if its never been done before, I can assure you after 8 years it needs to be replaced. Remove the shutoff valves and strip them and also check their seals they should also be replaced.

If you have never replaced the plastic pipes for the in and out flows then I would do this to. They tend to get very hard and rigid over time and put extra strain on the inlet and outlet connectors where most often they will start to leak from as well.

I cannot recall on that model you have, how the pipes physically attach to the in and out connectors, but most often once they reach the end of their usable life i simply replace them with a small irrigation ball valve and use the quick connect garden hose connectors. You can even use the ones that have the little flow stopper in them and orient them to stop water from draining back out or in if the filter is turned off.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

T. Guppy likes this.

Recent Posts