Fish room

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bart, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Bart

Bart

Good day all.

Do some of you have fish rooms, a room dedicated to fish? I am not talking about one tank this sits in the corner and gets a water change once in 3 years:eek:. I am talking about the magnificent room filled with aquarium and fishes of all shapes and sizes:thumbup:.

If so please up load photos:).

I will also show mine once it is ready. It will be next week.

The idea is to bounce some ideas of each other and see where we can assist one and another in any way.

I saw many good ideas from breeding bettas to wc and also breeding tips. Let the fishy business begin

;)

2. Guest

3. Hendre

Hendre Polypterus freak

My bedroom is my fishroom... Just messy due to exam prep!

15422134171662036175731.jpg 15422134575511011780221.jpg

AmithS likes this.
  4. OP
    Bart

Bart

@Hendre looking awesome. What fish do you have in there and what is in that cabinet in the slot at the bottom? will be a awesome way to fall asleep.

5. Ammar

Ammar

My work in progress

20181114_185424.jpg

Barry Roux likes this.
  6. OP
    Bart

Bart

are those tubs for your rainbows @Ammar ? looking great, how many tanks do you have?

7. Ammar

Ammar

12 glass tanks and the tubs. So i have 2 tubs with rainbow fry but my overflow worries me with the fry. I have 3 tubs with guppies. Those are the ones with covers. What i will be doing is breed my shrimp in the cubes, and will be hanging my spawning mops in the cubes. I find shrimp to be great tank mates for rainbow fry.

8. Ammar

Ammar

If i could drill my glass tanks i would have had them all on the same system as the tubs. Its so nice to be able to move fish/shrimp from 1 tub to the other without worrying about water parameters.

9. OP
    Bart

Bart

Did you built the tanks yourself @Ammar ? i have a 500 liter tub outside and started with 6 female sailfin mollys and 2 males, i do not know how many i have but the amount of fry in the tub amazes me and the rate they are growing is impressive. the parameters is always an issue. i have a standby 300 liter tanks for water changes, but it is to become my discus tank (hopefully next year). all my parameters are close if not the same only my temp in the tanks are differed due to breeding. the one 1.6 m was a grow out tank but them a bought a tank with dollars in so i made it blackwater to see if i can get them spawning, i also lowered the pH a little. so that is the only tank with differed parameters.

10. Ammar

Ammar

I built the cubes myself, the rest were bought over the years. Tubs are obviously not as nice as glass tanks but they are a cheap quick solution when u need a few grow out tanks. My initial idea was to bread whatever is breadable, but ive learnt unless u are doing this full time u need to pick a few species and just give them what they need. So im going with rainbows and shrimp at the momment. My guppies will be leaving soon.

11. OP
    Bart

Bart

i also released that. i have bred several fish before and have tried new fish this time. only the sailfin mollys stays ;). they are awesome fish just like guppy's. i knew a guy that bred rainbows like crazy and he learned me a lot about fish keeping. it is thanks to him that i have a fish room now. this time i am breeding leleupi (for the first time i have them, have been dreaming about them for a very long time) and did some dwarf gouramis, but will not do it again due to to many fry. i bred convicts for my friend that want some, the fry is now 5 days old. and trying the dollars but they must go next year so that i can use the tanks for my discus that will be my next challenge as i bought some tanks and will build some also for breeding one day. but i love the room even if it is small. it is my place :lol:.

12. Barry Roux

Barry Roux

I really need to start an thread here is some rough pics. Excuse the mess it was wc day today.
    DSC_0046.JPG DSC_0056.JPG DSC_0055.JPG DSC_0049.JPG DSC_0053.JPG DSC_0052.JPG DSC_0051.JPG DSC_0050.JPG

AmithS likes this.
  13. OP
    Bart

Bart

@Barry Roux awesome . how many tanks do you have there? love the angels and mine looks like that on a regular bases. I had to install a counter to work from and it help a lot. You have way more space than i do BTW. but looking good man. What other fish do you have?

14. Barry Roux

Barry Roux

I think there is 28 tanks running including the inside the house tanks i have caudopunctatus, green terrors, kribs, bricardis, julies, convics, jewels, blue dream shrimp, pumpkins, cherries, crs, lots off angels, all off the live bearers assasins, tinfoils, pearl gouramies , tri spot gouramies, shell dwellers, ancisterus all over, dwarf rainbows,cories various these are all breeders except the tinfoilsand some odds and ends like fronts and siamese fighters

MariaS likes this.
  15. OP
    Bart

Bart

what.... that is insane. where are you from? i looooove :) julies. would like to get some again. And the shell dwellers..... I AM JELLY .... well done sir . you must show us one day. are you doing if for a living or just for fun?

16. MariaS

MariaS Moderator

Wow Guys!!...

Some awesome setups!!!

17. Barry Roux

Barry Roux

I switched from marine so it just started i ha e an flat on my property that i use the income is better than renting. But its still an hobby.

Bart likes this.
  18. OP
    Bart

Bart

where are you situated ? if i may ask?

19. Barry Roux

Barry Roux

Im in the tougher side off town Brakpan.

20. Barry Roux

Barry Roux

Looking really neat one day ile get there

Ammar likes this.
  21. Hendre

Hendre Polypterus freak

From left to right on the desk:
    -Killifish Fry
    -Daphnia
    -Kuhlis and gertrudes rainbows

Top to bottom on shelf:
    -Shrimp