Help! My dwarf gourami is sick!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by KatjaMontaldos, Mar 6, 2018.

1. KatjaMontaldos

KatjaMontaldos

Hi I recently got dwarf gourami and I think some of them might be sick. A few have very large, swollen bellies. They seem to be fine though I’m just concerned it gets worse. Then my one female dwarf gourami has a swollen belly with sores on her face by her gills and eye. She too has a swollen belly and one of her eyes are popping out. She kind of just hovers with the current. Is this some sort of disease and if it is what medicine should I give her? Should I quarantine her and the other fish with the swollen belly? Please help I’d like for her to survive.

ADA7526A-897B-48B4-8DDF-7C57160CF14B.jpeg

7996AD1E-55F0-4413-A5B0-61B744743B36.jpeg

F3F5223A-EC61-40E7-A0F4-71150E0F744C.jpeg

2. Guest

3. Ladysphinx

Ladysphinx

Your female dwarf Gourami seems to be gravite(full if egg) that is why she is so fat and it could be that she got her when a male tried to spawn with her and she wouldn't. Of all the Gouramis the dwarf Gourami is the most aggressive one and keeping more then two is not advised unless you have loads of hiding spots for the attacked Gourami to hide. If you do have more then one Dwarf Gourami I would suggest a trio of one male and two females.
    As for the injured Gourami I will suggest separating her and treating her with salt and epsom salt for the wounds. You can also add a rooibos tea bag to the water. I have successfully and (sadly) unsuccessfully treated battered Gourami females like this after spawning injuries (males are though on females during breeding).

adriaan likes this.
  4. Ladysphinx

Ladysphinx

I forgot to add to keep water as clean as possible. I do 50% wc on injured gourami tank until she is healed. This should also sort out the eye hopefully.

adriaan likes this.

Recent Posts