Let's meet the Planted Tank Members - please introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Planted Tanks' started by A new day, Aug 27, 2019.

1. BradK

BradK

Petland in Crescent Mall, had alot of Val. Most of the places i go to too, have alot of Val and nothing else lol. They sometimes dnt look great in the store but they grow very fast.

Slade likes this.
  2. Guest

3. David Kusner

David Kusner

I do definetly see benefits, they help with amonia control amd thrive off the fish waist. The fish are all healtyh and fat and they create lots of line of site breaks and so you can mix many different fish together to make a nice community tank.

In this tank I even put a red tail shark and an albino red tail, a std pleco and a Bristle nose pleco, some angles and about 7 different species of tetras amd lots of mail guppies and everyone is happy. Best of all I never get any algea growth in this tank. Also for some reason java moss seems to love this tanks and grows like crazy.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

T. Guppy and A new day like this.
  4. OP
    A new day

A new day Moderator

That’s a great testimonial!

5. Rainstorm

Rainstorm

Yeah like in my case, I cannot stick to one scape. But now with a wabi-kusa, I'm quite content with it and will keep it that way.

T. Guppy likes this.
  6. OP
    A new day

A new day Moderator

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    T. Guppy and Rainstorm like this.
  7. T. Guppy

T. Guppy

A new day likes this.
  8. OP
    A new day

A new day Moderator

Lots of easy low-tech planted tank inspiration. Not necessarily ‘scaped’ but beautiful and certainly fish heaven :)

T. Guppy likes this.
  9. J’den

J’den

1. 3 tanks, 800 liters plus some change. Hopefully 4 soon. Then ideally a pond.

2. I value them both equally but for different reasons, the planting, continuous trimming and small rescaping changes allow for a opportunity to slow down from a potentially stressful day previously and mentally reset for the one coming. The fish keeping them is just a joy to see the quirks that each of them have and the behaviors you can encourage and “teach” them is fantastic.

3. Right now definitely a jungle but I keep attempting to trim and encourage a more Dutch style but it just doesn’t seem to be cooperating at this current stage.

4. On a small scale as a couple plants in the odd tank for years but done in my opinion properly maybe just under a year.

5. I think it’s great especially seeing how they react to what factors you change like light levels, fertilizers, trimming and C02 levels

6. I think between 11-50 I’d have to go through the tanks to figure it all out honestly.

7. Some of my tanks are high-tech and some are low-tech

8. Whenever the plants seem alittle overwhelming or I just want some change so currently it’s about once a week for quite a major trim. I maybe should do smaller daily ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MariaS, A new day and Slade like this.
  10. OP
    A new day

A new day Moderator

Pics please!!

11. MariaS

MariaS Moderator

Yep... that's a must

12. Swerwer

Swerwer

Have 3 tanks 2 x 60cm and 1 x 6 feet was looking at a 8 or 9 feed tank to replase the 6 feet but that will happen mutch later if it happens. First need to figer out away to grow a lots of plants to use in a 8 or 9 feet tank befor that happens. No CO2 for now first need to breed a lot of fish again befor I look at CO2. Will propibly go back to the old way of breeding fish that I used for a long time before I stop breeding fish about 5 years ago. Whant to go more in to planted tanks now but I get the feeling that will not happen over night. My tanks don't look close to any of the tanks on here lol.

13. J’den

J’den

Where are you based, out of one trim I’m pretty confident I could stock a fairly large tank with enough that in a month or two it would grow in. Otherwise do a dry start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. OP
    A new day

A new day Moderator

Quick update- since the start of this thread it’s expanded to 4 planted tanks and a minnow breeding pond #MTS :)

4134BC7E-C644-4BC0-8466-6FFDEF1177F5.jpeg

782960EB-BF52-4C24-8756-6BC5A7546031.jpeg

Hendre, Cale24 and T. Guppy like this.
  15. Swerwer

Swerwer

J'den thanks for that but have put my order in for 3 breeding pairs of fish so there will be no plants in the tanks any more. The plant will not make it withe the fish. Going to move all the swortails and mollies to the 6 feet tank and the res will become production tanks for the 3 breeding pairs of fish. Will look later again at planted tanks. Will put up something later to grow aqaurium plants outside in the greenhouses. I will talk to the firtilliser poeple we use for our other plants in the greenhouses. Thanks for all the info I got from here.

16. J’den

J’den

1. Currently 3 dedicated thats for plants with three other side projects hopefully happening within the next couple months. Total water volume is 700 odd liters for the dedicated planted tanks and will be over 1000 when the other projects are complete.

2. My focus is split because the aquascaping although I do have my rather frequent Brittany moment and rip, replant and aggressively over trim the well being and happiness of the fish and shrimp is a top priority for me.

3. I wouldn’t call my scapes “scaped” tanks but I’m aiming for a tamer more refined look as I get over the teething problems Iv only run into recently.

4. My style is really tank dependent because in my larger scape I’m moving or atleast attempting to move towards something very scaped and proper but in the other tanks the feeling is usually a lot more organic which I also enjoy. My major issue is how I always want to change things.

5. Fantastic they all grow like weeds ( besides Monte carlo). They filter the things I don’t like out of the water, they keep the fish and shrimp healthy as well to a point fed and they look great.

6. I’d say 11-50 buy @A new day would really be able to narrow it down because I have yet to meet someone so into the plant and their specific names like she is yet.

7. My tanks are mostly high tech but I stay away from dosing because I usually forget to do it but my lights and C02 usually have everything covered.

8. What was once the monthly massive trim will become very regular tiny trims to achieve the look I’m after.

Creating the threads for the tanks just fighting the single photo uploads

A new day likes this.
  17. OP
    A new day

A new day Moderator

Looking forward to the photos and threads :thumbup:

18. Andreas V

Andreas V

Hi I am Andreas
    I have two tanks but really loving aquascaping. I only been doing fish keeping for a few months but plants are my favorite
    I have a 60 p and little betta tank
    My 60 p I spent about 2 weeks with hardscape and put a lot of effort into it
    It has a lancia 2 on it and canister filter and half ada substrate system and I want to get a co 2 system sometime this year
    I love buce and I in total I think I have about 40 types of plants
    Will send a pic of the tank tomorrow as I am taking pics with the canon tomorrow anyway

Cale24, HugBug and A new day like this.
  19. OP
    A new day

A new day Moderator

Hi @Andreas V lovely to hear from you! Welcome to the forum, looking forward to your pics :thumbup:

Cale24 likes this.

Recent Posts