My 2500 litre Jumbo Tank

Discussion in 'Community Tanks' started by TrevorR, Nov 26, 2016.

1. MariaS

MariaS Moderator

Hahaha i know the feeling!!!
    Fortunately it runs in the family so its not so bad!

2. Guest

3. OP
    TrevorR

TrevorR Active Member

Here's my custom sump before it got delivered pictured with Dion. Also during the install with the Dorry boys20160516_104050.jpg 20160516_152517.jpg , this was a while back!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    BoelderBeestie likes this.
  4. OP
    TrevorR

TrevorR Active Member

Ok, still finding my way round this site...

5. BoelderBeestie

BoelderBeestie Active Member

Keeringkeesis!

75811.jpg

TrevorR likes this.
  6. OP
    TrevorR

TrevorR Active Member

Remember Guys, this is a Black-Water Tank, so the water is full of wood and peat tannin s. Photography of fishes in aquariums is not so easy, here are a few pic's, Arowana included...

20161128_190726.jpg 20161128_190819.jpg 20161128_191007.jpg 20161128_191157.jpg 20161128_191319.jpg

Rainstorm likes this.
  7. BoelderBeestie

What happened to the aro's back?

8. eros111

eros111 Active Member

Hey @TrevorR - please tell why so many chambers, and what is each one filled with - Thanks

9. OP
    TrevorR

TrevorR Active Member

The Arow lost a scale on his back this week-end whilst doing a water change he accidentally got sucked by the siphon hose. It will be ok. Lots of chambers mean lots of media, I am using Leca clay pellets, now crammed and maturing

10. BoelderBeestie

Yes they can be a hand full sometimes. I put foam around the cross brace as mine always hit his back on that. Hasn't lost a scale yet.

Incredible setup you've got there. And dat sump.

11. OP
    TrevorR

TrevorR Active Member

@BoelderBeestie Hey thanks man! I am a big believer in strong biological filtration and hey, go big or go home right? LOL! My Harry will grow a new scale no problem, he's still young, only around 40cm at this stage, but he is temperamental and a very fussy eater. He's now refusing super-worms which he used to love and tucking into the Cichlid pellets which he refused before! How big is yours?

12. BoelderBeestie

Mine is about 60cm now will try and measure him after work. Without the foam on the brace he also lost a lot of scales but in two weeks or so it grows back.
    Go big or go home haha you did both. On the eating yes it doesn't get better, they have a mind of their own. With mine it was hake, then superworm, then the cichlid xl sticks and then superworm again. He is refusing everything except prawn tail now.

I took yoga mat foam the blue one, wrapped and tapped it around the brace. He just bounces off it now without injury.

Can you pet him yet? They get very tame if you do, mine took a while but comes back for more when I pet him. I did a water change yesterday and he kept getting in the way, so I had to pet him a bit but that just made him get in the way more haha.

I also saw because of the petting he became so tame that when I moved him to the tank he is in now he didn't worry at all. He let me just pick him up and put him in the tank without a flinch. He ate immediately that night when I fed him so he wasn't stressed at all. It was the complete opposite when I got him, damn he was wild and crazy and refused food. He's like a dog to me now.

Still thinking of a name though, I think spodervis will be my choice because of his drop eye.

Spoderman.
    spoderman.jpg

Spodervis.
    20161122_203317.jpg

Hahahaha...

13. OP
    TrevorR

TrevorR Active Member

Yep mine also has a drop eye, which seems quite common with the silvers. Sounds great that yours is so tame! I can stroke mine a bit, but nothing like my Flowerhorn. "Molly" as I've called her is very tame and naughty! I can lift her out of the water and chuck her back at the other side of her 2.5m tank and in a split second she is back for another round! I must be careful though as her bites draw blood! LOL! My Zonatus is also an amazing character and also very tame. Enjoy Bro'!

BoelderBeestie likes this.
  14. zm1611

zm1611 Member

That's an awesome tank:eek:!!!
    Your fish look great too.
    I really like that sump. If you don't mind could you please post some pics of the sump. I would really love to know what you running it with and how you setup the media.

Recent Posts