New beginnings from an ex Reefer

Discussion in 'New members' started by pindyman, Oct 29, 2018.

1. pindyman

pindyman

Hi all

So i know it says thhat i have been a member for some time but after signing up, i went in the direction of marine instead of fresh water...i had a 2mx1m setup and a 1mx1m cube, which were my pride and joy. I packed up and sold off both setups after a little person (my daughter) decided to look after the tanks while i was a way for the weekend and ended up emptying all my additives into both tanks.

Now after about a 2 year break i am getting back into things after my daughter begged me to get her a fish tank again. (I dont have the heart to go marine again so tropical it is).

I managed to pic up a Boyu EC 400 tank for a steal (pic attached) and i am looking perhaps a planted tank with some colorful and lively inhabitants(just need to find a way to convince my kid that the pink and blue (rocks) wont look that nice. As it is for my daughter i want to keep it as simple as possible for now as before the big bites me again and I get started on a setup for myself...

IMG-20181028-WA0015.jpg
    So yeah, once again hi to all and i am open to any advice from the experts on the site.

2. Guest

3. TheGrissom

TheGrissom

Welcome back. I predict MTS in your future. Always exciting planning and setting up a new tank

4. OP
    pindyman

pindyman

Nooo....dont jinx me like that

5. MariaS

MariaS Retired Moderator

Hi and welcome to TASA @pindyman

Hahhhaa.. you know in your heart the bug has bitten again...:)... the little person is going to be just the stepping stone!!

Nice pick up you have there, will look awesome with some plants a small piece of wood and couple of small fish

6. OP
    pindyman

pindyman

Sooooo i spent the better part of the day looking at what to put in tank and i am open to ideas amd suggestions... As mentioned looking at some plants possiblr a nice piece of wood as a centre piece or possibly some rock work and finish off with some lively colourful fish... Any suggestions or recommendations?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

7. OP
    pindyman

pindyman

So the tank has been cleaned and set up been running for a few days now...got a few pieces of mopane wood from a friend but i think its too small for what i am looking foradf82082af59f4d74d3033185b28ce24.jpgd17af73d1b3b078edac3b7f5e9aa6452.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts