New to Co2 need help pls

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Abdu Dayyan, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Abdu Dayyan

Abdu Dayyan

Hello all I have a Co2 system on my small 60 by 40 by 45 tank I have co2 checker I have been doing 1 bubble per sec leave it on for 8hrs 1hr before light on and 1 hr before lights go off when it's done for the time period the drop checker shows green now the next day I check the drop checker and it's still green which means thier is enough Co2 in the tank so I skip that day and next day checker shows blue which means no co2 so then I put the co2 on again my plants are few I have subwassertang moss ricca moss pearl weed amazon borcopa lemon looking to add alot more lol my filtration is 2 hob filters 1 with matrix and 1 with purigen then as well as an internal filter my tank is still cycling its 3 weeks old have 1 guppy and 3 shrimps

2. Guest

3. Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Hi Abdu. Not exactly sure what your query is, but don't be shy to push that bps up to 2 or 3 and monitor the drop checker. Don't skip co2 days, but stick to your schedule as you've outlined in your post. Also remember to replace the drop checker liquid every 2 weeks....use water from your tap and not your tank to dilute with the liquid.

I run my co2 as above with no issues. Other than the drop checker, you might want to keep an eye on that guppy too....if you see he's staying (hovering) at the water surface constantly, it means your co2 level is too high in the tank. Only then drop the bps, but keep your period the same each day.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Recent Posts