Planted tank newbie

Discussion in 'New members' started by fux940510, May 16, 2019.

1. fux940510

fux940510

Hi everyone

I've been getting into the planted tank hobby, more the low-tech side of things. We almost always had a small hexagonal tank on a kitchen counter when i was growing up. At one point it had 2 goldfish which, once they got too big, got put into my dads large koi pond (i think about 30 000 litres), and another stage it had tadpoles we had collected from a local stream.

I currently have:
    1) A single 2 foot 60 litre tank, with 8 panda cories (started with 3, then found babies bouncing around the tank after about 4 months), 3 julii cories, 1 betta male, 1 lambchop rasbora (started at 10, numbers slowly dwindled due to suicide by jumping), 4 nerite snails and about 5 amano shrimp. Plants are glosso, amazon sword, anubias nana, hemianthus micranthemoides and christmas moss. Filter is a tidal 55, and lighting is one of the Zetlight ZP 4000 "P" series at max intensity with a small bit of red mixed in.
    2) 2 30 litre 45p-dimension tanks. 1 is full of water, with 3 amano shrimp. Plants are glosso and hemianthus micranthemoides. Still deciding what to do with this one though. I'm thinking a super simple scape with a large chunk of driftwood(already in place) and a vallisneria jungle, with a small pocket of hemianthus micranthemoides and a patchy carpet of s. repens.

The other is an empty iwagumi-ish dragonstone scape, currently going through a dry start for the Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis, Christmas moss, anubias, rotala colorata (i think) and hemianthus micranthemoides.

The 30 litre tanks are sharing a 90cm version of the light my 60 litre tank is using.

Hoping to get some advice on plants and fish stocking from what looks like a great community!

Regards,
    Kean

BradK and Lowflyer7 like this.

Recent Posts