Ram cichlid community tank?

Discussion in 'Community Tanks' started by K.C, Jan 12, 2012.

1. K.C

K.C

Hello everyone!!

Recently I bought a small 40Lt aquarium (space limitations) with the aim of starting a small tropical community, but the more research I'm doing, the more I'm realizing that a 40Lt tank will be too small for any type of good looking community!!! So.. after diagnosing myself with what I think is a case of MTS, I've decided to find the space and am now planning on something a little bigger, say about 100Lt, to start my planted tropical community.

Now.... lets talk about the fishies!!! I would like to have variety in the tank with some cave dwelling fish, some schooling fish and some top dwelling fish, and if there is space, some Dwarf Cory's. I would like to get a pair of Rams (Microgeophagus ramirezi) to occupy the caves, about 8 cardinal or neon tetra's to occupy the middle and a small group of honey gourami's to make the top theirs. It would much appreciated if you guys could drop some ideas, advice and concerns about my future set-up.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Guest

3. Sean J

Sean J

Nice idea! But rams won't occupy the caves. They are open water fish. If you want fish which like caves, try Apistogramma species. They are also dwarf cichlids and they stay fairly small! They are awesome fish too!

Recent Posts