1. All ads must contain photo's of actual equipment/livestock for sale. Please read the rules before selling.

For Sale: WANTED: Zetlight Lancia ZP4000 742

Discussion in 'Equipment Classifieds' started by Norio DS, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Norio DS

Norio DS

Thanks! I'm surprised you find them uncommon. I phoned Dorry and they have in stock. Jungle Aquatics also have on their website.

But I'll heed your advice either way and try snap one up.

Thanks! I also saw that GumTree ad. Must quickly check if it's still available. Must've slipped my mind this weekend.

Thanks @Pezulu!

2. Guest

3. martin91

martin91

Did you come right with this light?
    are you looking for marine or planted

4. OP
    Norio DS

Norio DS

Thanks Martin. I decided to get 2x Zetlight 590s and add some PVC piping to make them work.

Here's the result:

2018-04-16 08.52.24.jpg 2018-04-16 09.02.53.jpg 2018-04-16 09.02.59.jpg

5. martin91

martin91

cool great stuff, i have 3 juwel 180 rio's and those zet lights works like a charm, did you manage to set up wifi control unit?

6. OP
    Norio DS

Norio DS

@martin91 I haven't gotten the WiFi controller or receivers yet but I should be getting one this week or next. Very excited about that.

Also, the Rio 180 uses a different length than the Vision 180. I have both tanks but the Vision 180 has the bow-front so it doesn't have to be as wide to get the same volume. I think that's where the issue comes in. It's an odd size so they don't bring in the specific size lights for it.

Would love to see your tanks :) Do you have Zetlights on all 3 with the WiFi goodies set up?

7. martin91

martin91

Yea I know next time you have issue finding zetlight let me know might be able to assist you, yes I do I have 895 on all 3 the controller is the boss hahaha not just the boring same old 3 setting as the zetlight comes with it opens a new exciting world.. where your you will not be going to the pub but in stead sitting in front of your aquarium changing light spectrum also auto on and off make life easier

8. OP
    Norio DS

Norio DS

I'm really looking forward to having that. Especially because I prefer to split my photo period so I can enjoy some time in the morning and in the evening. Also saves space on the timers. And, if I'm not mistaken, you can set it to lower the light on a schedule, right? So then I could maybe have it very low in the evening, just for enjoyment. Not for plant growth. Will be lekkerrrrr :D

9. martin91

martin91

yes you can sun up and up down, lunar phase, timer, colour spectrum, cloudy modes its awesome, and for the price its great value for monr=ey when compared to the juwel led light systems

10. martin91

martin91

if you dont mind me ask what did you pay per light?

11. Pezulu

Pezulu

I run 7 Zetlights on WiFi, and am really happy with it.

The only issue I have is that the connection between my mobile phone and the WiFi controller gets "lost" due to the controller being connected to one network, and the phone switches between that network, and another with the same name that is used as a booster in the house.
    To get the connection back I have to go through a process of unplugging the controller, restarting my phone, and then setting up the preferences on the controller again.
    The next time I do the reset I will leave the controller as a separate WiFi network on my mobile phone, and just select that network when I want to do something with the controller.

I love the ability to chop and change the light modes to fit in with what I want them to do.
    With the 5 time zones, you have almost unlimited options.

I keep mine fairly basic though.

12. OP
    Norio DS

Norio DS

Very cool @Pezulu! I hope you'll show me when I come around to visit :D

So if I understand correctly, you can use your phone to control the controller which controls the lights (via their receivers)? Sounds pretty epic.

Would also love to know what chopping and changing you do.

@martin91 I got a crazy good deal on both! Brand new! Farhaad Carim from Exclusive Pets in Centurion gets me great deals. (WhatsApp or call: 071 125 6994). The catch is I can't tell anyone just how good the deals are ;) I'd strongly recommend contacting him. He's saved me thousands of Rands since I got back in the hobby less than 6 months ago!

martin91 likes this.

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.